Thursday, July 1, 2010

So I have posted the first six chapters of "Red" at Authonomy.com. and lo and behold, I have comments. Many were "I backed yours; will you back mine?" Which is expected - after all the whole point is to be the number one backed book and get published.

I'm just wondering about the politics of it all.

I went to one fellow writer and read some of their first chapter. I didn't know what to type as my comment! I wasn't sure if I should give them honest criticism, while also saying what I liked about it, or just type "Great! Loved it! Backed you!"

I am hoping to get honest feedback about my writing so that I can honestly work to improve it. I did get some input - about DIALOG! The comment was that the person loved dialog and that I had good dialog. Which is what I was told was missing by the agent judges at Amazon. So, I guess, in some way, I am fixing that problem!

I still kept the main character, Kaalinda, silent though, in the first part, since they aren't supposed to be talking there, but I added more later.

I'll keep you all up to date on the feedback I get, and if I ever solve the "back-me back-you" issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment