Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Running, er, trudging, with the big dogs…

I know what big dogs are like (after all, I live with bullmastiffs – check out http://hibullmoose.org/map/index.html for what a bullmastiff looks likes – that’s my daughter, husband and Delaney in the top left circa 1997) and they like to lead and ignore what doesn’t matter to them. I’ve watched little dogs in the neighborhood bark and jump and bark some more while my dogs ignore them, walking by as if the little dog wasn’t even there.


We have pugs next door, and those two pugs, looking like miniatures of my bullmastiffs, will huff and puff and nearly kill themselves, panting and gasping at the corner of their lawn, attempting to engage my dogs in a battle of the barks.


But my dogs don’t even bark. Heck, they don’t even blink.
The little one – the 110-pounder – doesn’t even huff, like she will at a bicyclist or someone pushing a carriage (she doesn’t like wheels.)


They just don’t see those little pugs as threats.


So just what is a little dog supposed to do in a big dog world?


Any ideas?

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment