Monday, July 12, 2010

Oh, the ups and downs of writing. After spending most of the weekend actually working on revising my manuscript, I come home from work on Monday and here it is after ten o'clock, and I haven't had time to work on it at all.

First, dealing with the daughter - we got her registered for school today. Then dinner, then e-mail (I have a new second cousin - he looks like my grandfather who recently passed away.) Then, its an ice cream run (I delayed it all weekend so I could write.) And here I am and no writing done (but the chocolate ice cream was really good.)

I guess one of the "tricks" to writing is finding the time to write. It doesn't help that I have to clear the table (after dinner) so I can set up my laptop, then let it boot up and find the wireless connection, before I can actually get any work done on my writing.

Oh, for the days when I can do this full time. Because I will get there - eventually.

Even if it is just retirement, and I am in my house writing while my husband is in the garage working on his old car.

But, I have made a decision (doesn't that always feel good?) I am going to find a permanent corner of the house for my writing stuff, so that the thirty minutes of setting up can be spent actually writing (or rewriting).

Let's see if that will help move things along.

No comments:

Post a Comment