Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy July 5th. I was getting ready to write a post late yesterday after grilling and eating brats and cleaning up after, when the neightbors started setting off their celebratory fireworks in the street in front of my house and I suddenly had a 150 pound (yes, 150) dog in my lap, and a 110 pound dog trying to get in my lap.

We own bullmastiffs, and neither one likes loud noises and flaring lights. So I sat with them, petting and crooning, until it was over. And by then, I was ready for bed, covered with dog hair and smelling a lot like dog.

Do you have any idea what scared dog smells like? Yuck! They let their musk glands go and it is not pleasent.

So happy July 5th! Hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th with no trips to the emergency room!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment