Saturday, September 18, 2010

Preparing to pitch...

No, I'm not pitching a tent.

I am getting ready for an opportunity to pitch a book to an agent. Two of my stories are in heavy contention for the pitch, both are about 95% done in first draft.

I haven't really decided which one to pitch yet.

The opportunity is at a local writing conference I will be attending next weekend. The agents attending and speaking are offering pitching sessions, and many would-be authors are taking them up on it.

Myself included.

I am looking on it as a learning experience (though I won't turn down a request for a manuscript.) I have been doing research on pitching and have found a little bit of information, and am at the practising point. I need to have it down as I will only get five minutes to talk up my book and impress the agent. One chance only.

I think I will dress up - try to look nominally professional, without overdoing it.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment