Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Okay, so I took a day to make a web site. They say that authors should have a web site already made before they approach a publisher. I did a bit of research, and since I am not making any money yet from my writing, I had to go on the cheap. I researched (i.e., read web articles) and found suggestions to not just use price, but also reliability, as a factor in deciding on a web host.

How do you determine reliability? There are sites out there that track that, and I found some and checked out what they had to say, and made a decision. Quickly. I don't want to waste time on decisionmaking when I could be writing.

So, now I have a web site. Check out http://hstrial-taramoeller.intuitwebsites.com/ and let me know what you think. I figure it's a start anyway.

Getting to my revision, I haven't had a whole lot of luck there. I have reread chapter one, and made a couple of slight changes, but not a lot really. The assessment of an excerpt stated that it needed more dialogue.

But, the main character is in a situation where she can't talk, and those around her aren't. That's the scene. So now I am brainstorming ideas on how to get more dialogue into that chapter (and the next to be honest) without having the main character do the speaking.

I'll let you know how that goes once I have figured it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment